Wednesday, December 1, 2010

We Started Tot School...and It Was Fun.





Last night I printed off a bunch of stuff from Tot School, something a friend was blogging about. So far I'm pretty excited. Avy has already mastered many of the skills the Tot School focuses on but there are a few new ones I didn't think about-- like matching. We match socks but I think we can spend some time matching other things. I printed and prepared the Five Little Monkeys Tot Pack. I also printed some "Winter Fun" packs like this one for putting buttons on Frosty. This was a big hit with her because she loves Frosty and she loves shapes. She learned oval, diamond and octagon. She knew the rest of her shapes and colors. After counting the buttons she was able to count up to 10 better than usual. She usually gets stuck around 4 and 7 and quits... but now she is counting to 10 without any problem. I think we spent maybe 5 minutes on this task. She didn't want to do the snowflake matching but we'll try that again later.

I'm looking forward to trying more things. I'm about to order a laminator so we can make these activities more stable. One of the things I liked the most about Tot School's website though...the list of toys/items that she calls tools. We have Avy's birthday and of course, Christmas, coming up. We knew she needed a bunch of new toys and activities but we had no idea what would be appropriate. Here is her list.

Here is one photo of Avery playing with the Frosty buttons. (Taken on my Blackberry...a camera is supposedly coming to me from Santa this year!).

No comments: