Friday, December 3, 2010

Communication Problems

Well I'd like to say we have completed our first week of being without Stephen but because it isn't a "work" week...we still have two more days! Ugh. We have been tested this week that is for sure. Stephen has had major communication difficulties so we have hardly talked or messaged. He lives in a place where his phone has no signal...so little signal that he can't even receive emails or messages on his Blackberry! I really dislike not having an open line to him whenever necessary. Even though I can't see him or hear him...knowing I can just punch a message to him in my phone makes me feel connected. Boy..when he told me the phone problem I had a serious panic attack. I thought it was a bit crazy that such a little thing made me feel that way--but it truly feels like a door was shut!

On his last day before he went to his permanent "home" we were able to video chat with Avery. It was pretty sad and cute at the same time. Her first thing was to say "Daddy want to hold me?" Wow...talk about ripping my heart out...and I know it hurt Stephen too. They both "kissed" each other a ton via the camera. Avy would hug the screen too and say "love him so much". I hope he can get his microphone fixed or another external mic so we can talk (since we used the phones to talk and the computer to see each other). She did better that day after spending time with daddy.

Today was not as great in the morning as the rest of the days...no one was bathed until 12pm and the house went from surprisingly clean to a complete disaster in a matter of 24 hours. It just goes to show-- no day is the same right now and I should prepare for a "bad" day every day so I don't freak out on Sunday when its time to clean for the open house. Guess I better stick to my cleaning schedule!

No comments: