Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tog+Porter: Second Box!



Last month I received (and shared) my first box of clothes from Tog+Porter. I'm quite surprised that my blog post about clothes drew more interest than my many other posts about babies, breastfeeding, cloth diapers and all those other extremely exciting and addicting topics! I've even had strangers ask me when I will post the next box review as they are "on the fence" about trying Tog+Porter. Well, I can honestly say that I would encourage every woman to give it a shot! You won't be disappointed. Even if you receive a few pieces that aren't quite your style--the stylists (especially mine, Emily) listen to your likes and dislikes. I can attest to this *not* being true of other styling services. (BTW, I am in no way compensated for raving about Tog+Porter, I signed up and am an ordinary happy customer).

On to the fun stuff. This box was just as fun to try on as the previous box but the items weren't entirely right for me. I would have to say the style was almost 100% on target for me but there are some things about the pieces that may make me send them back. I am not at all discouraged because I know I'll get professional feedback before I make my keep/return decision. And...there is always the next box.

Outfit One: Dainel Rainn Cap Sleeve in Navy $69, my own Express skirt that is too big. I have almost this exact shirt from Banana Republic (from 2009) so I won't be keeping this one. I think the style is OK. Maybe a little more business-like than I need. I tried it with jeans and the shirt actually looked really big in the middle-section. We'll see what Emily says when we Skype. 

Item #1 Daniel Rainn Cap Sleeve
Item #2 Blu Pepper Button Shoulder Top

Item #3 Kersh Racerback Maxi
Item #2 Blu Pepper Button Shoulder Top in Royal $49, plus my own Gap jeans. Hmm. I kind of like this one in photos but it is see through. That equates to high-maintenance to me. I'll have to get some advice on what to wear under it. I own hardly any jewelry but what I do have is silver- so the gold buttons will throw me off. What do you think? I'm leaning towards not keeping it.

Item #3 Kersh Racerback Maxi dress in Khaki $69. This piece was sent to me because I loved this dress but not the color. I love the color of the Kersh dress but you can see every. single. mark. crease, fold. imperfection. on my body. It is pretty loose up top and a bit snug through the middle and hips. It is a no. But Kersh is a designer I have not heard of but enjoyed browsing other items that I may add to my wish list! So I still consider the dress a win even though I'm sending it back. 


Items #4 and #5 Alternative Apparel Tanks
Items #4 and #5 Alternative Apparel Gauze Basic Tank in Navy (on top) and Fog $27 each) paired with the dress/skirt I bought from my last box.. I absolutely love Alternative Apparel and I can thank Tog+Porter for introducing me to them. The maxi dress I raved about in my first box comes from this designer too. The fabric is so soft...but it is polyester blend with cotton. Even though I layered the tanks they are still really see through...and they made it glaringly obvious that my nursing bras are on their last leg. (And maybe it is time for some help through True&Co) I normally don't like anything navy but I do like this one. I'm going to need professional advice on these tanks before I decide whether or not to keep them.

Items 6, 7 and 8 Naked Zebra Open Collar Sleeveless shirt in Emerald $49, TOMS Wedge in Black $69 and Bauble Necklace in Gray (plus gold) $32, my own Gap jeans. I love the color of this shirt. It is see through and it is that "high-low" (ahem, mullet) thing. If we can figure out the see through part I may keep it but I also felt like it may not be a flattering cut?? We will have to see what the professional says. The necklace would be awesome- if it were not gold. And I'm holding the TOMS because I simply can't get my feet into them- I think they may be 1.5 sizes too small. I think they are really cute so I may be hunting them down in my size.
Items #6, #7 & #8

I have heard a few of you say you are planning on trying out Tog+Porter. Please share photos when you do! I definitely look for other photos/reviews every week to get an idea of what others are doing with their pieces.

No comments: