Sunday, June 10, 2012

Stitch Fix: Box 2

While waiting for my Tog+Porter box to arrive, I did some Google searches to find out what other clients received. I found many great posts with one or two photos of cute items...making me so incredibly excited I just couldn't wait! In my searches I found StitchFix This styling service charges $20 and sends you a box of items in your size. This service appears to be monthly but there isn't a recurring charge--you just "get my Fix" by requesting a box. You are out your $20 but it is applied as credit toward the purchase of the items you were sent. They also give you 25% off if you buy all 5 items. This can work out to be an awesome deal if you like your items!

When I first signed up I was put on a waiting list. This didn't last too long, maybe a day or two, and then I got my "invite". I completed a brief survey of what I was looking for- complete with comparison photos of different looks to like or dislike. Then my box was shipped! Super fast...mostly automated.

My first box was full of....strange pieces. I tried them on, took some bad photos with my phone and sent it all back. I emailed my stylist to ask some questions before sending the box back. There was one dress that I really liked but I wasn't sure if I needed a smaller size or if the cut was supposed to look the way that it did. I have yet to receive a response...so I mailed my items back in a prepaid labeled pouch.

I requested my second box and just received it. I had my husband take photos...for fun. There was not a single piece in this box that I would even walk out of the house in. I am totally not confident in StitchFix's interest in actually matching me with the right look. I'm a little addicted so I am going to try ONE more time. I really want it to work out. I have seen many videos/blogs of women who get pieces that I would wear. This box...was comical. Feel free to have a laugh at me in my "fetish jumper" as my husband calls it. And yes, I realize you can see my bra through the shirt...oops.

Be sure to tell me what you think! For your entertainment...

Outfit One: Fluxus Zora Scoop Jersey Sleeveless top $60, Frenzii Leonie Jersey short skirt $44. The fabrics were nice...very soft. The shirt was cut funny for me and the skirt was just too short and reminded me of wearing an over-sized men's shirt. Not my style but this was the best out of the box for me.

Outfit One
Outfit One

Outfit Two: Same skirt as above (I have nothing in my closet to go with this rowdy piece). Um..wow. That is pretty ugly. I'm not sure I am cool enough to pull it off. Aryn K Della Cutout Back Tribal Tank $55. 
Outfit Two
Outfit Two

 Outfit Three: The "Fetish jumper", as we call it around the house. DV by Dolce Vita Piper Button Down Romper $121OK so I will be honest- it doesn't look as awful in photos as it does in person- and well, I am not sure I could walk around in this and not giggle hysterically. I definitely think it would look super hot on the right person...but I am not the right person.
Third Outfit
Third Outfit
Outfit Four: Lucca Coutour Tilda Hi-lo Racerback dress $102. There are so many weird things about this dress. It looks harmless on. It has a nasty polyester feel to the outer layer- like my grandma's head scarves. Then inside it has a soft jersey gray liner...like my work out shirts and then an industrial strength zipper in the back. Just weird...and pointless...someone with serious fashion sense probably understands this piece and will hate me for my critique...but hey...I'm a mom looking for some sensible clothes!


Outfit Four-the jersey

Outfit Four


Outfit Four

No comments: